With Empathy, Honesty, and Compassion
Born and raised in the northern suburbs of Chicago, Dr. Monica Urda received the Trustee Scholarship from Loyola University to study biology. A recipient of the Mulcahy Award, as well as the Pre-Dental Award, she graduated cum laude from Loyola and spent the following four years at Marquette School of Dentistry in Milwaukee Wisconsin where she earned her DDS. Afterward, she completed post-graduate coursework in endodontics, dental implants, Cad-Cam technology, aesthetic restorations, and Invisalign. In 2013 Dr. Urda joined a large group practice on the southwest side of Chicago. Through her expertise, her calm, confident manner, and her engaging personal touch Dr. Urda quickly became a favorite doctor among the patients at the large and busy clinic.
Dr. Urda now brings her dedication to excellence and personal approach to dentistry to her own practice: Smile Science Chicago in Wicker Park. Whether for a routine visit or a more complex procedure, you can expect to have meaningful one-on-one with Dr. Urda about your specific needs.
Dr. Urda respects each patient’s right to a detailed discussion of any treatment needed. She will take the time to explain a procedure, answer all questions and alleviate any concerns, then the Smile Science Chicago team will work to implement Dr. Urda’s treatment plan within the schedule and budget of each patient.
- Be compassionate, empathetic, honest, and conscientious for every person—no matter, race, creed, religion, gender, or orientation.
- Build a positive, happy, and safe environment for both our patients and team.
- Be passionate, committed, and driven to achieve an exceptional level of care, and strive to exceed that level every day.
- Be humble and eager to learn both personally and professionally, and be held accountable for both actions big and small.
- To give back to the community in a positive and meaningful way.
A resident of Chicago’s north side, Dr. Urda has been an active member of the community as a volunteer with Give Kids a Smile day, Smiles For the Future day, Head Start day, and Mission of Mercy day. She is committed to continuing life-long learning that will bring the most advanced techniques in dentistry to her patients.